What are the reasons for the visa refusal?
The following reasons are most typical for visa refusal at a russian consulate:
Claim to the documents
– Your documents do not match the visa requirements.
– Your visa application is incomplete or contains inaccurate information.
– In your passport there are not free pages for a russian visa.
– Your passport expires in less than 6 months after your desired visa may expire.
– You do not have an invitation to Russia.
– The data in your visa application form does not correspond to the data in your invitation for Russia.
– You apply for a visa for a period out of your visa invitation.
Claim to the applicant’s identity
– On your previous visit to Russia you have violated terms of stay or other Russian Law.
– The Russian Consulate has information that your visit to Russia is not desirable.
– You had changed your passport but have not put it in your visa application.
You may be refused a visa on business visa application
– If there is mismatch in you visa application and in your visa invitation, company to visit in Russia, for example.
– You can not verify your employment, if the Russian consulate asks.
– Your purpose of visit is different from that one stated in your visa invitation. For example, you have a Business visa invitation, but you specify your visit as “Job” or “Stay with friends” .
– You want to visit places of restricted access. For these cities you must have a special permission.
– If you are applying before your telex visa invitation arrives to the Russian consulate.
– If you apply to another consulate than telex has been sent to.
– If you are unable to answer what company is specified in your visa invitation as a Host company.
– If you ask for a multy visa, but before have never visited Russia.
You may be refused a visa on a Tourist visa application:
– If you do not have a Russian Tourist voucher.
– If you declare your purpose of visit not tourism, but staying with friends, for example.
– If you put in your application form that you will stay in Russia not in a hotel, but with friends.
– If your dates of visit do not match the dates of the voucher.
– If you apply for a tourist visa for more than 2 weeks and you can not prove the full payment of a hotel.
– If your Tourist Voucher is not registered with the issuing company.
– If you apply for a double-entry tourist visa without any reason. A double entry tourist visa is available for combined tour Russia + one country of CIS only.
Remember: A visa invitation is the main and only basis for visa issuing. Your right visa invitation is 99% success of visa obtaining.